For 40 years the Grain Train has been the source for local, organic, conscientious, great tasting fresh and packaged foods. With 2000 members the Grain Train has grown from a little second floor downtown co-op to our current 4500 square foot store on main street that provides the full modern shopping experience while still embracing the core quality of the food the co-op was founded on.
Becoming an owner is easy. Benefits begin with your first payment and you only need to join once. Your owner investment is $210 total. Your first payment is $35 ($10 administrative fee and your first $25 payment) and then $25 every six months until paid off. Or pay the entire $210 at one time and receive a $10 gift card.
Monthly, Grain Train owners are estimated to save $20 or more just from the owner benefits. In the end, it pays you, the owner, to invest in your local community owned co-op.
• Choose Your Own Owner Day. Once per month, on a day of their choice, owners receive 10% off their total purchase, except for beer and wine.
• Discounts on case quantities and special orders. (10% off any sale item or 20% off a regular price item.)
• Able to participate in our Owner Buying Club.
• Receive extra savings through owner only Member Only Deals.
• Free admission to the annual General Membership Meeting to get a report on your co-ops annual business and a great free meal from our deli.
• Full members are eligible for patronage rebates during profitable years, as determined by the Board of Directors.
• Full members are eligible to run for the Grain Train Board of Directors.
• Become part of a community of local and seasonal owners who have supported and helped the Grain Train grow and become the prime source for local, organic food for 40 years.